Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly Constraints in Pro/E

Status
Not open for further replies.

goomba

Mechanical
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have a door that will open/close vertically. Cam followers will guide the door inside grooves in the door frame. On the door frame, I drew a sketch then a curve along the groove. (the groove in the door frame is vertical then curves inward at the bottom) In my assembly, I'm trying to constrain the door asy by using a point to curve - there is a point on the cam follower. The door will be lifted by pneumatic cylinders on each side. The idea here is to change the position of the cylinder rod and the door will follow but remain constrained along the curve. The problem I'm having is that when I use the "point-to-curve" as an assembly constraint, it only allows me to select a portion of the curve - it doesn't treat the curve as a single item but 3 pieces - the vertical, the radius at the bend, and the slanted part. Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you can create a composite curve which is one curve defined by the three. You can try using that new curve as for your constraints.

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back