Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Assembly Cut Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msutton

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2006
US
I have a question about using the Extrude tool in assemblies for Pro/E WF 3. I have been sent an assembly and the Extrude tool has been used to cut half of the assembly away to create a cross section view. Don't ask me why this method was used instead of using the x-sec tool, I'm at a loss as well. What I need to know is if there is a way to "undo" the cut. I need the whole assembly back and I'd rather not reassemble the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I grew up on SolidWorks so I may be missing something as increadibly obvious as opening the feature tree. However when I have the assembly open I don't know how to get a feature tree. All I can get is the layers or a list of parts that make up the assembly.

Supress or Delete the feature.

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SWx 2007 SP 3.0 & Pro/E 2001
XP Pro SP2.0 P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

(In reference to David Beckham) "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right." -- George Best

You may have to "show" assembly features. I've been off Pro/E since 2001 so I'm not quite sure how to do it in WF. Sorry.

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Hello all,

I think I am having the same problem as msutton. Basically, I don't see assembly features in the feature tree. I can see them in the graphics. Anyone know how to "show" assembly features in the feature tree?

Cheers,

Settings, Tree Filters

Choose to display Features and Suppressed Objects, And even Annotations so you can easily erase those Hole Notes.

After Setting your settings you can save them to a file proe defaults to tree.cfg as name but I usually save them with names like tree_feat_note_sup so I can have several settings customized to what I want to See.

To save the settings Use Settings, Save Settings and to open saved settings there is an Open Settings File option.

The config.pro option is model tree
mdl_tree_cfg_file X:\FULL\PATH\TO\tree_config_name.cfg

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back