Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly drawing with automated exploded view creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarinaAlb

Industrial
Jul 21, 2011
NO
Hi all.

Well, it turns out that I’m working with Solid Edge Design and Drafting. As I’m still new to Solid Edge these different versions are a little confusing to me. I’ve done some searching on the net, and it looks to me that Solid Edge Design and Drafting is a full-featured CAD solution.

According to the adds this version contains assembly drawing with automated exploded view creation. (
I’m sorry for again bothering you with my lack of knowledge, but can anyone advice me how to create exploded view in assembly. I’ve finished a drawing, and now I would like to explode it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi MarinaAlb,

You can create an exploded view of an assembly by activating the ERA (Explode Render Animate) environment. You will find the command for this on the Tools Ribbon within the assembly.

Once you are in ERA you can use the Auto Exoplode command which uses the assembly relationships to figure out how the explode should go(this may need some manual adjustment). Or you can use the manual explode commands and gradually explode the different elements. Or you can use the move commands to drag things around.

Hope that helps get you started
Jon

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

As far as I know the exploding happens in the model not the 'drawing' as such. You create the explosion per Jon above, then you save it as a 'configuration' (configuration in SE is not the same as in SW). You then create a view in your drawing based on this configuration (the view creation wizard steps you through this).

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back