Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASSEMBLY EQUATIONS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLATBED

Mechanical
Feb 2, 2011
US
I want to manipulate an assembly model using the "Assembly Equations" feature. I can manipulate dimensions and hide/show parts using condtional operators (IF, Then, Else, or, etc). I can hide parts, but I do not know how to identify the part that I want hidden? Help?

Here is the code I tried:

If(Hi1_D95==150|mm|) then (HIDE (XXXXXX))

How do I insert comments and more importantly how do I identify the part that I want hidden in the assembly??? Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I beleive the instance heirarchy number should be used in this field.If you enter your heirarchy form and switch on "heirarchy number" using "display options" at the top of the form, all numbers for each instance should be visible along with name/ number etc.

Your right it uses the heirarchy number. Thanks I fumbled around until I found the number listed in the information when a part is listed. Never thought about displaying it. That will make things much easier. How about writing comments in the equation box? Currently I am also having trouble with the "and" function. I want to say:

If(Hi1_D124==75|mm|) then (Hi1_D93=75|mm|+11|mm| and Hi1_D14=75|mm|+2|mm|)

Comments I got it you just "//" after the eqn to add text, but still haven't determined how to say "and" with the If statement. Also does anyone know if it is possible to define constants or variables in the eqn window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back