Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

assembly features

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormadorm

Automotive
Sep 28, 2010
US
I have made some changes in a top level assembly to a part. Is there a way for me to make those changes revert back to the part file? Or can I only see those features in the assembly?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There exists functionality to propagate assembly level cuts and holes into the part level.

-Dustin
Professional Engineer
Pretty good with SolidWorks

I made a toothless belt in the part file. Then inserted the belt. Then I used a the profile of a gear in the assembly to create a cut-extrude in the belt. Then I used a curve driven pattern to create the teeth around the entire belt.
After reading your comments and trying out your suggestions,
what I am finding is that I can propagate the cut-extrude back to the part file but the curve driven pattern does not have a feature scope section, however it is easy enough to recreate the curve driven pattern in the part in this case. In the case that I had a more complex pattern is there a way to propagate a pattern back to the part?
Thanks

Some features should be and have to be created at the part document level.

When in the assy, select the part and click the Edit Part icon, then create whatever features are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back