Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly Mode - using fix to constrain parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper1

Mechanical
Jul 29, 2003
US
Hi Users:

I was wondering if some one knows a work around when the fix constrain does not work.

I move my part to where I want but when I hit the fix constrain it flips my part.

I set my position by outside references but do not want to keep these outside references. The fix constraints works most of the time, but sometimes the position of the part moves.

Does any one have any suggestions other than removing all constraints.

-Caper-

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Steve:

I wish the part would stay in place but this is not the case. As I remove or uncheck other contraints the fix contrain does not keep the part in its original position.

this does not ocurr for every part, but when it does I'm forced to remove the fix contraint.

-Caper-

the sub-type of assembly I have problems with is design.

I just emailed a couple of screenshots at your info address at 3dlogix

let me know if you have access to that.

-Gary-

after a little playing around I created a new coordinate system in my assembly that was set z normal to screen while my pars was oreinted on screen to the front.
Then by selecting this new coorindate system in my fix contraint my fix contraint allowed my part to stay put.

thanks for your help Steve
-Caper-

Steve:

I can not select another component CS but I can select another assembly CS.

Try it. It worked for me.

the key is to move the CS once you created it before the component requiring the fix constraint with the newly created CS.

-Caper-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back