Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

assembly problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanny123

Structural
Apr 24, 2010
GB
I have made a draw hinge that slides in out of it self like a cupboard door in kitchen, and I made it as an assembly.
when I insert it in to another assembly I able to mate it were needed, but when I Ctrl and drag another in am only able to mate so much.
what I am trying to do is make this move the same as the first one but I keep getting errors especially the last mate.
I have try save as, copying it nothing seems to work is there a solution to this, as I have know idea.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Chris' solution is right on. I will simply elaborate.

1. Mate the hinge such that it swivels or moves as you intend it.
2. Insert hinge model into another assembly and mate as needed. Note the hinge will not swivel or move as it did in step one by default.
3. Right mouse click the hinge in the top level assembly and edit component properties (this is the same window where you would define the configuration of the part/model) and select "Flexible" in the Solve as box.
4. Suggestion: I often create three configurations on assemblies such as a hinge which I label "Min", "Max" and "Flexible".

Thanks for the help I have done the things you have said and I was still getting problems.
In the assembly there are limit mates I had to delete one of them to make them work together it seems to work I don't get the error message.
So one hinge is useing full limits and doing the work while the other uses some it's doing the trick but hoped it would work with all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back