Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

assembly relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhits

Military
Feb 3, 2005
US
I am working with V20, and just recently ran update 6. I am now noticing that my parts are "fully positioned" with ONE relationship. I have talked to other users here and looked to see if I changed a setting somewhere. I have not found a solution. This is getting to be a big pain, because it kicks me out of the relationship comand after only one. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm guessing your first relationship that you added was an axial relationship. This is a known issue, although not technically a bug yet because no one can seem to figure out how, why, or get it to repeat consistently. One of those sporads.

If you don't have access to the BBSNotes, general review is that SP6 is buggy, as Don stated. Best to revert to SP5 or give SP7 a try. Probably completed unrelated to your problem, though, but just a word of hearsay.

--Scott

Well with a bit more reseach I have found that it is only with planar and mate relationships. I also tried update 7 but that did not help. I also found that it is happening in only a few assemblies not globally, so I am still tring to find "the setting" that will help.

Hi,

then check the neither of these assemblies has any failed
relations. You have to check all items SE won't tell
you that. Failed relations or any item is faulty in itself
Those failures might lead to quite surprising results

dy

I have seen this problem in previous versions of SE.
There is a macro that checks for assembly relationship problems and attempts to correct them by suppressing.
It can take a while on a big assembly though.
Look for ARelDoctor.exe in
C:\Program Files\Solid Edge V20\Custom\ARelDoctor\

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back