Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly Reorder of Parts List 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdvantageDesign

Automotive
May 19, 2005
US
Is there a way to reorder the assembly parts in the tree? I am creating a parts list but, the parts are in a different order than I would like. This is for a fixture design. We normally start with a base, then tooling balls, then angles... The parts need to be listed in the order that the fixture is built. For some reason my base detal number is 12. I need it to be 1. I am coming from Mechanical Desktop. Here I just move the parts up and down in the tree browser.

Thanks,
Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Using mb3 you can attach/detach rows of the bom. When you get an item where you want it, lock that line of the bom and continue with the rest of the items.

You can select the row that you want to move and use MB3 to do a Cut Paste operation to place the row where you want it.
The cut row(s) will be pasted above the row selected before the paste operation.

Be sure you have Sort on Update option unchecked on the Parts List Tab of the Style dialog.

Michael
[smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back