Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly Sequence, expressions, controls and exports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis2084

Automotive
Sep 11, 2012
US
HI all,

I'm Using NX 7.5.5 and have been asked to make some animations of my assembly being take apart or reassembled, high rendered quality is not what they are looking for "true shading" is more than they were hoping for. now they want me to add annotation that flicks on and off at different times. I have found a way to add that annotation "go to drafting, view model and add your desired note. I can even then use "suppress drafting object" object via an expression to have it turn on and off with FrameNumber "if(FrameNumber=0)(0)else if(FrameNumber>49&FrameNumber<101)(1)else (0)" so when frame 50 through 100 is on the note shows up. My Problem is when I am in Sequencer and use "export frames to movie" (i with it had record in reverse too...) it exports the movie like normal but it dose not seem to update the expressions, so my note(s) never turn on/off. I have tried to quickly go into the animation setting and turn on update expressions hoping it would carry over but it did not. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm using the "export to movie" function which work great in that it gives me a nice crisp clean end avi. the screen capture gives me grainy bumpy video, and it to dose not update expressions. what I'm looking for is how to turn on/off notes with expressions, which i think i have figured out, but when i run the export to movie function in sequencer it dose not update expressions, thus never telling my notes to turn on/off

When you say "sequencer" are you referring to...

Assemblies -> Sequence...

If so, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the 'Framenumber' expression scheme which would explain why there were not notes flashing on/off.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back