Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assist gas regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

R4725

Agricultural
Jan 23, 2014
US
I'm having trouble with my assist gas regulator. I have had my machine for a little over a year and it has sort of been acting this way since I got it but it's getting worse (amada FO3015 4000W) all I have cut is mild steel so far but the problem I have is when it starts a cut the assist gas pressure will dip down and then ramp back up to the pressure setting in the cut condition when it dips down obviously the cut gets messed up. It's not consistent sometimes it will dip way down to .00x on the digital read out and sometimes it will only dip down to .01x in the beginning it only went low enough to make a small rough spot on the part when it got so low now it's getting low enough that is actually not cutting through for a little spot and sometimes up to an inch or so wide spot that isn't cut though when the pressure get real low. After the pressure ramps back up to where the cut condition is set then it will stay good for the rest of the cut even on really long cuts. I checked the screens they are clean I might take apart the regulator and see if it's dirty or sticky. Any thoughts maybe I just need to replace the regulator all together?? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Checking the screen filters is the first step. Good work. You checked both the inlet and right before the regulator, correct?

Next it's really best just to replace the regulator. I know it's expensive. Good news is they are "plug-in-play" almost all the time.

Work around. If you want to try to get more life out of it, make sure all the gas pressures are the same. Pierce, approach, edge, and cut. Oxygen cut really doesn't require changing things up. Next, "gas time" is your friend. on the pierce page, the gas time is before the pierce, on the main cut page, it's before the cut. Usually 0.5 seconds takes care of it but you may go up to 1.0.

Not sure I thought I pushed refresh but I'm just now seeing your post I did check the screen at machine inlet and the screen in the regulator no improvement after cleaning the screen in the regulator. I will see how soon I can get a regulator or I will try your work around to get this job finished up. Thanks for the help

Anyone know how to do a zero set calibration or check on the O2 reg for R4725? Our used 2004 FO3015 machine was acting like this (but spiking high then coming down to normal) when I set it up. I had an Amada tech here to check a couple things and he did a quick procedure to calibrate zero on the reg. and it has been good ever since. It is on top of the gantry near the Z axis motor and there should even be a sticker marking the trimmer location on the silver colored reg. Too bad I was not watching closer when he did this I did not see exactly how he did it but it was very quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back