Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Associative measurement of flat pattern perimeter and area 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiW979

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2007
GB
Hello All

A bit of a long shot, but worth an ask. Our manufactuing eningeers have asked if it is possible for us to put the total perimeter and area of each of our sheet metal flat patterns on the drawings. I know we can use the measurement tools and area using curves etc, but this isn't ideal as it is fairly labour intensive. Therefore I was wondering if there might be journal ( oh hello Cowski) floating about that I could assign to a button that could out put this information either as an attribute or associative measurement that I could then add in to our drawing border. All our flat patterns live on layer 131 and are coloured pure blue.

Thanks in advance

Si

Best regards

Simon NX7.5.4.4 MP8 - TC 8

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Extract a body of the sheet metal part at a time stamp before the chamfers etc and do the flat pattern on the extracted body. Chamfers can then be created after the flat pattern on the sheet metal part (not the extracted body) and the flat pattern of the extracted body will not show the chamfers

NX 8.0.3.4 mp2, TC 8.3

cmacca

This is what we are doing already, but it is a pain in the @ss. In my opinion, the software should allow you time stamp the flat pattern where ever I want without having to link/extract at time stamp.

Best regards

Simon NX 7.5.4.4 MP8 and NX 8.5 (native) - TC 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back