Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Associative vs. unassociative dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert000

Structural
Oct 23, 2005
SK
Hi all,

I created 2 examples. The first one is with unassociative
dimensions, the second (bottom) one is with associative dimensions. If I moved them, on the bottom example not all of the dimensions are movin´. If I opened this example in ACAD2000 the problem didn´t occurs. I have acad 2008, and my question is how is it possible to change the property of dimensions from associative yes to no - see also the property box. I have attached the example.

Thanks a lot,

Robert

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Looks to me like all dimensions, top and bottom are associative. However, you can break them up into individual entities by Exploding them.

Click on the dimension and compare the property box - general - associative. In the top example the value is set to no, on the bottom example the value is set to yes. If I will explode them, the dimension values will not be change after stretching them.

Robert

Try the DIMDISASSOCIATE command.

It leaves dimensions associative to the point that if you move the nodes, the dim updates, but if you move the object that it was snapped to, it does NOT change to match.

If that's not what you were looking for, can you explain a little more?

If you want that changed for all future dimensions, in the OPTIONS box, User Preferences tab, uncheck the box for "Make new dimensions associative"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back