Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASTM A234 & ASTM A694 Gr.F52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maad

Mechanical
Jul 17, 2017
IQ

Kindly advice me which the fitting material is better A234 or A694 Gr.F52 in welding with pipe’s materials A106 Gr.B and API5L PSL2 Gr.BNS NACE from the side of weldability and corrosion resistance (knowing that we used Er70S-3 for the root and hot passes and E6018 for the others? and what happened to the mechanical properties for the A694 Gr.F52 if we want to do PWHT after welding?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for your response Mr.Jones I mean by better from the side of weldability and corrosion resistance but know I calculate the carbon equivalent for the both types (A234 &A694 Gr.F52) and found the same (CE = 0.43) which mean that they’ve good weldability but my issue if you can help me is that which one of them better for corrosion resistance? And does the PWHT will improve the hardness for A694 Gr.F52 (high strength alloyed steel type) or will lead us to lost the both strength and hardness ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back