Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASTM C1260

Status
Not open for further replies.

labboss

Materials
Jan 3, 2007
US
I have been running C1260's on some aggregates known to be innocuous and have been getting results higher than typically seen for this aggregate. We are using 20% ash mitigation, but still high. I have done some round-robin testing with other labs and found that results are all over the map (we are about in the middle). i think i have narrowed it down to the containers i am using during the test. I weighed the container and solution before and after the test and found i was losing some weight. i believe i have some evaporation going on thereby strengthening the solution concentration. We are using rubbermaid 5.6L contaners. Does anyone have a suggestion / source for better containers? Any other suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do the lids fit tightly on the containers? If not, cover with plastic wrap (Saran wrap or similar), then place lid, then run test when specified.

Ron,

That's exactly what i have started doing. For short term solution, i think it's working. Any other suggestions on containers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back