Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Astroid 6000 3D Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanical
Dec 28, 2004
I bought the Astroid 6000 3Dmouse(motion controller) because the price was right and I thought it would work. It apparently has not been softwared to use with SolidWorks.
I need HELP.
Has anyone used this Mouse with SW2004 and be willing to explain the method of setting up to work. I have been able to get it to function onmy machine with Win2K but not WinXP Pro. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank You

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This may not help you, but this may be a lesson for the rest of us. Not sure if you paid the $249 posted on their website, but you can usually get a Spaceball on Ebay for under $200.

Flores
SW06 SP3.0

They told me February when I asked....guess not. If they get it going.... this could finally be the blow to 3d connexion needed to get those spaceball prices down. $150 is quite a deal.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP3.3 on WinXP SP2

I was able with their help to get the 6000 working on my home computer which is an AMD XP 3000 on Win2000&1G RAM, but have not been able to get it up and running at work on a Dell with 1.80ghz PIII, WinXP, 512 MB RAM.
Could it be the WinXP? Both computers run at about 1.8ghz.
I can get the Demos to work on my work machine just not the SW2004.
Thanks for the help.
Jack

I've had my eye on this since I heard about it last year, but never once seen a real picture of it. Nice to hear it really exists. How does it feel?

Clem
ME
SW/PDM 06 2.0

I like it. It feels good. Only problem is getting oit to work on the WinXP machine. I haven't tried the others but with the price ar $164.00 Delivered it is very comfortable.

Jack

What does their tech support say about the Solidworks driver?

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP3.3 on WinXP SP2

Did inquire about the availability of one that works with SW and was told beta was scheduled for May.

Dennis

SolidWorks 2006 SP3.4
Windows XP Pro, Pentium4 3.00GHz
1.5 GB RAM, Matrox P650
Logitech Marble Mouse, CADMAN

That is what I have heard. I will say that they are very nice to work with and I have been on the phone with several of them, including John Hilton, for up to an hour or more at a time.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back