Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asymtek 402 troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulsabio

Electrical
Dec 22, 2007
US
Does anyone know where to download the software for the Asymtek 402? Also, has anyone found a RS232 cable that will work with the 402 or do you have to order the CB-01 cable from Asymtek?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The RS232 cable for the Asymtek 402 is a standard RS232c cable from the time, when DB25 connectors were used. If you can find a conversion connector DB25-DB9, you can use a normal RS232c cable with DB9 connectors. Only pins 1 .. 7 and pin 20 are connected in the Asymtek.

Yes, DB25 is old school but I found one. It is my understanding the Automove 402 requires a modified null cable (Rx and Tx reversed).

I am trying to reset the personalities since the unit does not move at all when I press any of the direction buttons.

I launched the software but in Terminal mode the screen says "no Automove handshake" I think I have the right com port and baud rate. What should I try next?

Dan in Tulsa

Yes, Rx and Tx should be reversed.
Try different handshake settings in your port. I am using DTR/DSR, but the Asymtek can be set to different modes. You can't reset all personality parameters with one order, but some of them can be set by sending <ESC>.R where <ESC> is ascii 27. It sets DTR handshake and other communication parameters. Of coarse you must make the communucation work first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back