Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Atkins stress engineer interview questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithAero

Aerospace
Apr 14, 2008
GB
Hi,
I'm a stress engineer with 4 years aircraft stress & FE(Linear & buckling) analysis experience.
I've interview at Atkins on Friday during this week. And with another leading Aerospace company during the next week.
Would like to know how the interview would be & what test / questions should I expect. Any information towards this would be helpful for me to do well. Early reponse is much appreciated.
Thank you.
AeroSmith.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

someone already has a thread about interview questions. the jury is out about asking technical questions ... i do, otherwise it's just a chat about what a good guy you are and why the company is so great.

Questions can vary from talking about your experience and asking how you solved problems to a more formal written exam. The one the chief stress engineer at my old place put in place was a right b*stard.

However, it's like any exam - it's the relative standard that matters. If you're not an idiot or ignorant then you'll be fine (relative to anyone else).

CVs and interviews are generally a rather poor tool for assessing job applicants, in my opinion, and simple tests (even simple tests with hard questions) aren't really much better.

When I interviewed at Sikorsky many moons ago the question was:
What is the starting point in stress analysis?
Ans: Get the loads and proceed with the analysis.

Your questions may be as simple and basic as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back