Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attending NCSEA conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion06

Structural
Nov 17, 2006
US
I was wondering how many members of the structural engineering community are planning to attend the NCSEA conference in Philadelphia, PA next month.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wow!
No one is going? Incredible!!
I have less than 2 years of experience and my company is sending me.
Is there something I am missing? Is this not a worthwhile way to spend one's friday in October?

Where are you located? I am in Alabama. It would not be cheap to fly me to PA for a seminar. I did go to the Winter Meeting in New Orleans in January.

jaypartain,

Can you give some feedback on the Winter Meeting? Was it informative and worth your time?

If you "heard" it on the internet, it's guilty until proven innocent. - DCS

I only went to the Saturday session which was mostly on wood design. I think whether it is worth it or not depends on you expectations. I enjoyed it and picked up a few things that I did not know. I also enjoy wood design. The guy that I went with complained that it was not worth his time. He does not like wood design.

I will be attending. I don't attend this conference for the presentation material but rather for the latest on SE business matters (licensing, liability etc).

The NCSEA program has always been light on presentations.

For good presentations and many of them I usually go to the ASCE Structures Congress.

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]
Eng-Tips Forums:Real Solutions for Real Problems Really Quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back