Attn: JedClampett - Re: Robertson 7.5" Q-Deck 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhombuss

Structural
Dec 13, 2004
US
Hi Jed,

Hoping you catch this post. I've been searching high and low for any information on old Robertson 7.5" deep steel deck products (circa 1950s-1960s) and the only things I have found so far are a few of your posts on various engineering forums indicating that you have some old catalogues.

If you have any information you could upload somewhere, it would be most appreciated. Basically need info pertaining to general geometry, yield stress, load-carrying capacity, web crippling capacity at ends etc.

I tried accessing a file you uploaded here on March 25th:
But for some reason, it seems to be blank or expired.

Thanks very much!
Phillip

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Darn. Have to go to Quilcene for the day tomorrow. Live in Ev erett, North of Seattle.

Hope you enjoyed the Museum today in Victoria. It's a great one.

Mike McCann
MMC Engineering
Motto: KISS
Motivation: Don't ask

FYI, I too have old Robertson catalogues, but only back to 1977. The deepest deck mine show is 3" with a 4.5" cover.
QL Series.

Mike McCann
MMC Engineering
Motto: KISS
Motivation: Don't ask

I really enjoy this forum and use it a lot for when I need an answer.

But there's no way I care enough to check it while I'm on vacation. Come'on Jed, put the iPhone down and enjoy your R&R.

2nd baby is due Aug 27th. Fantasy football draft is Aug 28th. I've alreay informed the wife last month that I'll need 3 hours that day.

wife: is it really that important?
me: if it weren't, then I wouldn't be talking about it 4 months in advance and thinking about it all year long.

Jed, thanks very much for the information!

Just a quick question on it, though, since you're probably more familiar with the product than I. On page 14, for the 5-7.5 profile deck system, it doesn't show span/load tables for 14 Ga or heavier. The existing building I'm looking at has the 14 Ga deck spanning 30 ft between masonry bearing walls. Load shown on the drawings is 60 psf total (snow + dead), so even if one was to extrapolate capacity based on the section modulii shown, it seems the deck wouldn't be rated for 60 psf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back