Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Attribute order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

Structural
Mar 16, 2001
GB
I.m trying to put together some drawing sheet templates. I'd like to get the attributes in a particular order but when I save and then open the template and edit, the attributes are not in the order that I wanted. I was under the the impression that I have have to go in reverse order but this doesn't to be the case. Can anybody help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear KJJ;

Referring to the AutoCad 2002 Users manual:

If the window or crossing selection is used to select the attributes, the order of the prompts is the reverse of the order in which you created them. Make sure the object sort method on the User Preferences tab in the options dialog box (Options) is set for object selection if you plan to use crossing or window selection.

Try avoiding the selection of the attributes using window. You should be able to control the prompt order by picking the attributes individually in the order you want them diplayed.

Hope this does the trick

Regards Adrian

In AutoCAD 2002 you can also set the order using the Block Attribute Manager. Modify/Object/Attribute/Block Attribute Manager/Highlight and Move Up or Down.

In the worst case, copy and paste each attribute in the order desired and erase the original.
Then still in picking, as advised above by Adrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back