Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attribute Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Haymore

Mechanical
Oct 14, 2016
US
I am using NX 11 and have been having an issue with some older part files. We are using an attribute template and with certain older files, some of the attributes cause issues and prevent the file from being saved. I have determined that all of the attributes that cause this problem can all be found copied from the catalog template into the part file. When I delete these from the part file the issue resolves, but some of them won't delete due the claim that it is "being used."

I am not sure what "being used" means, as other attributes that contained a value were allowed to be deleted. I have a attached an image of the Attribute Template dialog box with the error message. If I can figure this out and resolve it then it will fix the issue. Some more context of the errors is below:

If I attempt to change any of the listed attributes (File>Properties>Attributes tab) in the traditional editor, I get an "Internal error: memory access violation" message. If I edit the attribute using the bulk editor, I can set the attribute correctly without the error message, but when I attempt to save the part, I receive an "Attempted to save bad pointer" error. If I then delete the attribute and attempt to save again, I get "The attribute corresponding to an attribute handle cannot be located" error.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3e930ec7-0ab7-4ed4-a9b9-f44dc837dc9b&file=attribute_error.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back