Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Auto reclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I lve in the IEC world but have always seen the ANSI symbols used. On rare occasions the actual symbols as per the specific relay are used, e.g. I>, Ie>, etc. My recommendation would be to follow the standard applicable to the drawing. If ANSI symbols are used then 79's your answer for autoreclose. Else use whatever the applicable standard is.

I think the OP means what symbol to draw not what device number to use. I don't know what the IEC symbols are, but if it is an automatic circuit recloser, I'd use a square with an R inside. If it is a reclosing relay, I'd use a circle with a 79 inside. But then I'm in the ANSI world.

Dear Sirs,
I'm also in the IEC world and I use always IEEE/ANSI numbers for relay protections and automation. There is a difference between IEEE/ANSI and IEC, you can see below.
img-1.jpg

64 is measured with a single phase CT on a earthing point, 51N is through 3I0, 51G I've only seen in ANSI (ok, it IS ANSI, but I haven't sene it used in IEC), but I've been told it refers to a neutral point CT again. So to me 64 = 51G. But 51N is different, measurements wise anyway. Completely the same algorithm behind the measurement though.

Autoreclose looks like so:
autoreclose.jpg

Too confuse me further, I've seen 64 used for earth leakage relays fed from core balance CT's. But 51G and 51N are used for 3I0 or neutral CT -all depends on the relay.

In the end they all do the same though, measure if the I0 is above the set threshold value. The IED doesn't really care if it's a core balance CT, neutral point CT or internal / external 3I0 summation.

Actually it doesn't show 50N in that table. Maybe 67 was intended as non time delayed and non stabilized 51N?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back