Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AutoCAD 2000 - Command Line Missing!! Draw Big Dot!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project2002

Structural
Nov 10, 2002
US
I am a new new user to AutoCAD 2000. I was dragging my command line around, up and down, trying to find the best place to dock it. I must have dragged it too low, and it disappeared below the screen!! Now, I can't find it, and I can't type any more commands. Why is this happening? Can some experienced AutoCAD 2000 please advise how do I get back my Command Line, and what do I do in the future if it happens again?? Please help.

Also, I need to draw a big, very big, dot, say a large single dot that it filled, either filled with white color, or any color, I choose. It is to use for me to "snap" to to plot my drawings. Please provide the step-by-step way to do it, will ya?

Thanks in advance from Newbie Dan.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi all,

I've found the solution on my missing command line. (Reset your screen resolution to the highest setting, find the missing command line, grab it. see the method is another post in the forum.)

I still appreciate some help, though, in drawing a big square, or round, single dot filled with color, either white, or any other color.

Thanks in advance.

There are 3 ways to draw your solid-filled shape.
1) You can draw a circle or closed polyline rectangle and then hatch it with the hatch pattern called 'solid'.
2) You can draw a wide polyline.
For the circle, you draw a wide circular polyline with the 'donut' command, setting the inside diameter to some very small value or 0.
For the rectangle, draw a wide polyline with length = rectangle length and width = rectangle width.
3) You can draw a 2d solid (command line 'solid' or menu 'Draw/Surfaces/2d Solid").

Thanks, RiBeneke for your suggestions. Sounds like good "solid" leads (sorry for the pun!), and I sure will give all of them a try.

Have a great day.

I agree with "RiBeneke's" comments.

Except I would stick to the "SOLID" command for the filled square.
And I would stick to the "DONUT" command for the filled circle.
I would avoid using hatching for you goals. One element is better than 2 elements used to achieve "one element".
At least thats my opinion.
Later guy,
Rich

Those are all GOOD ways to achieve the goal of a solid filled region (round or square). However, if you'll provide a bit of detail as to what you're trying to achieve for your plotting, I think you might generate a series of tips that would be better than selecting on a large dot, no matter what plot scale you're trying to use. I'll check back soon. Check out plotting limits to a scale, or experimenting with extents, fit, etc. Limits has the unique feature of being able to input your "window" using coordinates that you set once, namely the lower left and upper right. If you need to vary that window all you do is run the limits command again, and re set lower left and upper right. There may even be simpler tricks available if we know what you're trying to do.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back