Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCad 2000 on Win Xp 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willfiorillo

Civil/Environmental
Jun 4, 2003
US
hey!, I'm trying to install AutoCad 2000 on my new laptop ... the software is Win Xp Home Edition and AutoCad 2000 does not run on Win XP, do you know a patch or something I can do?
thanx.

Will

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Win XP has a utility to install programs as a win95/98 win2000. I have used it for other applications and it worked fine.

The short answer is that Autocad 2000 and Windows XP Home are not compatible and will never work together very well.

[cry][curse]

I initially tried to run the two together, but could not get 2000 to run reliably. Autodesk suggested that I upgrade to XP Pro. I have done this and 2000 now works without hassles, I still do not know the reason for the problems.

Running the compatability option in XP Home did not help either unfortunately. Sorry about the bad news.

[roll2]

regards
sc

If you've tried to install Autocad2000 on WindowsXP and got a messase saying that there is a problem installing Autocad 2000 because of your OS (WindowsXP), follow these steps:

Go to the Setup.exe (of Autocad 2000) file
Right click on it and go to Properties
Then click the Compatibility tab and where it says "compatibility mode" just click in the box under it and turn it to Windows 2000
Click OK
Run AutoCAD Setup.exe
It should work fine...just have to fake it out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back