Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AutoCad 2002 cursor flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp1ke727

Mechanical
Jun 24, 2005
US
This is driving me nuts. If I move the the crosshairs the vertical crosshair will blink on and off as I move it around.

If I use a basic command like earse, copy, etc. the pickbox will blink as I move it around. If I try to window something the window will blink and act very slowly.

Didn't notice this problem til they upgraded me to a new computer with Windows 7 on it.

Computer is a Dell Precision T1600.

Anyone have any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The issue may be with your video card hardware and Autodesk graphic driver certification. Type 3DCONFIG in the command line and "check for updates" button to see if your driver is up to date. You can also change the setting using "manual tune" to see if that fixes any of your issues.
I had similar problems with flashing crosshairs that got really annoying. I believe our IT department fixed the issue by updating the graphics driver.

Nate the Great

Do what MrBachelor said. Also, in Win 7, go to Control Panel ==> System ==> Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. Normally, out-of-the-box, Windows sets up for best appearance. In that case, unless you have a better-than-average graphics card, you can get a finicky display when you're running a resource hog like AutoCAD. Change to best performance usually smooths things out.

Best to you,

Goober Dave

Haven't see the forum policies? Do so now: Forum Policies

Thanks guys. IT helped out and updated the video card driver. Seemed to work.

Thanks again.

BTW, ACAD2002 does not have the command 3DCONFIG. FYI.

Also video card is pretty good. ATI FireGL.

ATI FireGL is very good, not pretty good!

Glad you got what you needed, and thanks for posting your follow-up resolution.

Best to you,

Goober Dave

Haven't see the forum policies? Do so now: Forum Policies

Say, I had a similar problem with the flicker and the delayed response....when I messed around with the video properties/resolution, etc,. I got very strange results that affected all programs.....turns out (thanks to DRWeig) I had to enable compatibility mode for Windows XP (I'd upgraded from XP to 7 recently too, but am using AC2004). Anyways, if you continue having the delay or flicker, find the AC2002.exe, right click and enable the compatibility for XP....I'm really surprised that updating the video driver fixed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back