Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 2004/Land Desk/Civil Design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakesbraves

Civil/Environmental
Mar 9, 2004
US
I am a new user of Land Desk and Civil Design, so take it easy on me. Recently we purchased all 3 of these packages. I used sheet manager to generate sheets. I have contours, property lines, mapping, etc. attached as xrefs. But it is running entirely to slow. I have 1.7GHz CPU with 1GB of RAM and it just crawls in Autocad 2004. Any suggestions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

jakesbraves,

I had the same problem. These programs use a lot of video memory. You will probably have to upgrade your video card to 128 or even 256 MB.

Hang in there. It's a tough learning curve. I'm in the same boat. I had some experience with Softdesk and that a little but not a lot. We only have the documentation from the company. I haven't found a third party user's manual, have you?

Utilizing Xclip on excessively large xreferences can reduce the processing time when regenerating your file. Pick a workable boundary on the xreference and clip to that boundary. It will speed things up if your reference files are the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back