Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 2005 plot paper size default

Status
Not open for further replies.

energised

Mechanical
Jul 21, 2005
US
After I set up the plotter manager with the paper size I want for a drawing, and plot it, I get a different paper size (Arch D)listed in the paper selection box of the plot dialog box. If I select the one I want again, and then preview the plot, the paper reverts back to this unwanted paper size. If I plot without previewing I get a hangup with the printer and it will not print anything else after that until the plot is removed from the task list. The printer does not support this Arch D paper. I went throught all of the many plot settings but to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try re-installing the latest printer driver, and make sure your printing from layout, not model space as this can slow things down a bit on certain printer/plotters. If that fails try re-installing acad as a last resort.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but within the print dialog, there is a checkbox for "Save changes to Layout". When the plot is complete, it should retain the settings after a plot or layout change is made.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

If you are using a Windows system printer, right click the printer object go for properties and change the paper size. See if that holds true over a reboot, then try AutoCAD again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back