Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 2007 save - open to last saved in directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesigner

Mechanical
Apr 29, 2002
US
Autocad 2007 Mech., Windows XP Prof. 2002 SP2

What we had set up before in Autocad was: if you had a drawing opened and saved it, and then picked “open”, you would be in the directory where that drawing was just saved. Got a new computer - had Autocad 2007 reloaded. As it is now when “open” is picked after saving a drawing, you’re in the directory from which you last OPENED a file, not the directory in which you just SAVED. We had this problem another time when upgrading computers, but I.S. can't remember how they switched it back. Don't remember if it was an Autocad change or a Windows change. If anyone has the answer, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Garry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but try changing the rememberfolders setting.... either a 0 or 1.

0 sets it back to work like previous releases, I think.

Wow! That was fast and accurate! "0" does set it back to the way we had it - Autocad opens to the directory into which you last save. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back