Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD 2007 to 2006 Bug Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdickens

Mechanical
Sep 19, 2005
US
Hi!

I was hoping you guys could help.

At the moment we are going through a change from 2006 to 2007.

Some computers are changed and some are not, to combat this we are saving all files as 2004.dwg format but are we are getting computer crashes and a lot of the entities are being changed into blocks i.e leader notes, B.O.M's etc.

Has anybody got any ideas? it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The crashes would be hard to diagnose. Make sure you have the latest service packs. The changing of certain object types to blocks is common when you save to lower versions though. If you have a parallel product (Mechanical, ADT) then make sure you are saving to older versions of those products and not to plain AutoCAD. I hope this helps some.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

We have not upgraded to 07 yet, but I had heard that 07 does not support 04 file formats anymore.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-05)

This may be a problem with proxy objects.

I downloaded the object enabler from the autodesk product support website and this cured the crashing problem which occured when trying to open a drawing which had been saved to an earlier release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back