Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

civeng80

Structural
Dec 21, 2007
AU
Ive been using a trial version of Autocad 2009. Wondering what other users think of it particularly the ribbon ? I must say I dont find it all that worthwhile ! Any comments would be appreciated greatly !

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

it has some very slight improvments over 2008 - but a few bugs too, like if you change anything in the: options/open & save/Object ARX applications settings, it suddenly doesnt recognise commands like matchproperies, view, mtext, justifytext, revcloud etc.. not good!

It would seem that the above mentioned bugs are deliberate by acad - demandload system variable disables certain commands, so your best leaving it on.
Now that i've finally solved that mystery, 2009 does offer a few nice touches that 2008 doesnt have, but you need a slightly beefier pc to run it smoothly.

I've closed the Ribbon, I find no need for it. My biggest gripe is the time delay every time you execute a command. Other than that I'm pretty happy so far.

I also have 2004 and run into problems with files from newer versions of Architectural Desktop. In one case, the layer's dialog box was disabled. It did make me think my next purchase should be a BIM package, like Revit. I hope this fall when things slow down and I can play with Revit a little, I can figure out which direction to go.

Don Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back