Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD and Tablet PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shavner

Electrical
Oct 1, 2002
US
I'm considering purchasing a tablet PC and am wondering if Autocad 2002 can be supported with use of the stylus instead of usual mouse cursor. I know that other software supports the writing (like a PDA) and before I spend the money I'm trying to find out any information on the CAD uses. Also If anyone has any experience with Tablet PCs can offer any advice on purchasing one would help as well. I'm considering the Toshiba PORTEGE over the acers because of the lack of quality I've experienced in the past with Acers. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a tablet pc, portege...and autocad works on it...except its not the most efficient...it does work but its not worth working on it, just keep it in its lap top mode, buy a usb mouse...and then work in cad...
but it is good for the "Ohhh...Ahhh" while u r in a mtg...cause u can open a dwg, and pan/zoom to look at things...but to actually do construction documents its not that good
hope that helped ya out..
CadMaster

Big Help Thanks. I was however looking more for a survey tool... Something I can take out in the field and do rough drawings instead of paper and pen but rather straight to CAD.. Again nothig spectacular for finished product. just dimentioned lines, rectangles and rough text boxes. also to view existing record drawings which is what you said it would be good for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back