Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD editors - not from Autodesk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone tried the non Autodesk products to edit AutoCAD drawings? I am trying Vdraft now and have tried TurboCAD in the past. Vdfraft seems to work. Has anyone used it with rusults?

It seems to work, but I would like to hear from other users before I buy it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am working with one of our customers on automating their product design using VDraft. All of the template drawings were done in AutoCAD, but the VDraft application is able to open them up, with some limitations. VDraft also includes an API so that it can be automated using VB. I'll have to hold off on any in-depth opinions until the project is completed. Who knows what we'll encounter... DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

IntelliCad
Search Google.com for Cadopia or Intellicadms
Download an evaluation and see if it will do the job.
Pay for their Standard or Pro version eventually.
2D AutoCad clone ..handles autocad files to A2000.
10% of cost of Autocad Lite but arguably better than Lite.
Heard some pro's keep it around to open faulty files that won't open in AutoCad (save back in Intellicad and viola ..file fixed).
We have 19 seats AutoCad/MDT6. Just can't keep paying.
I feel we all got to buy a seat or two of IntelliCad and say Rhino3D (also Rhino3D-Involute combination) just so ADesk gets the message.
Good Luck
Aussie John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back