Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD export formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacchus

Computer
Oct 4, 2002
US
I would like to know what are the formats AutoCAD models can be exported as ,eg: Parasolid transmit files, etc . Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear bacchus,
To know about exporting formats, you can enter the command EXPORT in command line and open the list "Files of type" in the dialog box. All accessible formats are listed there.
Some other exporting formats can be accessed using the SAVE command.
:)
Farzad

HI bachus
I have ACAD 2000
The export formats are:
*.wmf (metafile)
*.sat (ACIS)
*.eps (Encapsulated postscript)
*.dxx (DXX Extract)
*.bmp
*.3ds

Hope it helps
Zmei

thanks for the reply Zmei. I was actually hoping it would be able to export Parasolid transmit files, since I need that capability for my application.

Since Autocad uses the ACIS kernel, I doubt you will ever see the ability to export Parasolid files. You may be able to pull an ACIS file from Autocad into Solidworks and export it as Parasolid though.

I have a AutoCad 2002 drawing that I want to export to an engraving firm's engraver. I draw the original file in the standard *.dwg format and then save as a *.dxf file so that can use it(or change it to their format). The trouble is the fonts are not coming out right on their graphostyle machine. (ie no word wrap/double lines/layers appearing that were not on my drawing.)
They suggested using the Export facility but I tried to use the DXX format (but not with any success). Has any body used this format or had this problem before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back