Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

satps21

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2010
IN
Friends,

Can anybody guide me with Autocad 2008 orientation. While taking printouts, the drawing doesnt show up in full page. Even if I change the orientation (landscape/portrait) the drawing appears only in half page no matter any drawing sizes.
Attached please find the picture of the print setting in both portrait and landscape. If you notice the print preview(landscape mode and portrait mode), on the right hand side of the picture, it will be clear that the drawing comes in half page.
Please guide me to print the drawing covering the full area of the paper size.

Thanks in advance.
Sathish

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ah I wish people would use Layouts and Viewports...

You have to choose "Window" for your print limits because you're not using a Layout/Viewport. Using "Fit to Page" is disastrous if you actually want your drawing to be to scale. Uncheck it, choose landscape, and make sure that your Window selects the border limits. (Use object snaps if you want it to be to scale.)

Looks to me like you need to get out of model space and into paper space (the layout tab like francesca says). Then you can choose between display, extents, layout, window and see what works for you. Plot preview is there for a reason.

If we all agreed, we would be Communists.- Me.

when you select limits, make sure that you invoke the command LIMIT in layout and pick bottom left and upper right corners of the drawing titleblock borders.

Sathish,

It looks to me like you are trying to print a landscape-shaped plot onto a portrait-sized sheet. I get that from the appearance of the thumbnail preview, the way the wide part of the plot goes across the narrow dimension of the sheet.

If that is the case, down in the bottom right corner of the Plot dialog window, there is an arrow icon, the ">" in a circle. Click that to expand the dialog window and it should show you the options for switching the layout from portrait to landscape.

Alternatively, to correct it you might need to open the "Properties" button for the printer there above the thumbnail. You should be able to switch the printer's orientation to landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back