Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD plot style/color dependent tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza

Mechanical
Oct 12, 2001
US
Can someone please tell me how to change my plot style table from a style table (.stb) to a color dependent (.ctb)table and/or vice versa? Right now in a particular drawing it has the STB options only and I'm trying to get back to my ctb tables that I usually use. This is a mystery (that its suddenly using stb's for this particular drawing) to me and the AutoCAD user book isn't much help as usual in clarifying this. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Pizza

If you go into menu tools, then select "options"
> go to the "plotting" tab, and you shld be able to select
"colour dependnt plot styles"
(sounds like it's set at "named plot styles" at present.)

I thnk this should allow you to then go to page set-up and select your desired ctb file.

hope it works ! regards,

Cenkos :)

Thanks Cenkos, but, that didn't work. When I went to Tools, Options, Plotting it was set at "use color dependent table".
and still the options in the plot style table area of the plot dialog box shows only stb's. And I can't get it to give me the ctb styles. I'm stumped.

Thanks for getting back to me.

hmm i jst looked and thats for new drawings.

when you go into your (file)- Plot Style Manager does it display ALL the style tables, ctb and stb ?

mine contains both - but when i go to page setup to assign a style table to my drawing it only displays the ctb's on mine !

is it possible they are in a different directory ? ...
...when you are in plot style manager can you browse... ?
(we cant but it may be the way our company standard styles are set up/saved)

ooh, dwhlst on style tables.. :D Does anybody know how to get a drawing to retain style table eg BIND thm to the drawing. i created a new style table yesterday to deal with
a diff consultants weird pen settings ! (lol) - however its auto stored on my C:/ and not read off the network. (so other people accessing them in future wnt be able to 'find' that table! ) is it possible to bind those setting into a drawing?

worth a look, until someone else peers in here with the correct button to toggle !! lol :D

Dear pizza,
If you use the AutoCAD 2000i or 2002, the command CONVERTPSTYLES is the key of your problem.
In AutoCAD 2000 you should copy and paste the objects into a new drawing with color plot styles.
:)
Farzad

Also, make sure you installed the migration tools when you installed AutoCAD (you may need to install them now if you did not) or these migration routines will not work (we had that problem at one of our stations).

CONVERTCTB and CONVERTPSTYLES are your two routines to go from color to named and named to color like FH said above.

Thanks all! The convertpstyles command worked, after invoking it you just click on OK and your back to the ctb styles.
Great help! Hope I can help out oneday too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back