Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCad properties window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizgar

Electrical
Aug 25, 2003
Hi,
When I select an object to change one of its property (e.g. line type or layer) through the Properties Window I see on the top of the window No Selection, however I selected the object before opening the properties window and I enter new values but there is no changes after closing the window. Knowing that the PICKFIRST is set to 1 also.
I'll be thankfull if any one can help to solve this problem.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I understand you correctly, you are using the button in on the properties pallette that is called "select objects" and as you are selecting them, it shows "no selection" right? Well, it appears that as you are selecting the objects they won't show up until you hit enter. Once you hit enter, the objects are selected, and then you can make your changes. You will notice there are no grips as you are selecting. Once you hit enter, the grips will appear, and you will know that you have objects selected.

Hope this is what you need!

Chris

Quick question. Does it show a correct range of properties to change even though it says No Selection? For example, Text will show certain properties and Line other properties. Does this change? If not, does it let you select the items once this dialog is open (By Picking With the "Arrow-Box" button in the dialog)?

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

CDH: I don't have problem with the selecting objects, the grips are shown and after changing any property I hit the Enter key. the problem is with in the properties window, it shows No selection in the object list on the top of the window, however the properties of the selected object appeares in the window and it sallows changing in values but after hitting Enter key and closing the window the property of the selected object will not change.

Exxit: I use AutoCad 2000.

borgunit : yes it show a correct range of properties to change even though it says No Selection and it show the certain property according to the selected object. For example, when I select a line it showes all the properties that related to the selected line and when I select a Text the properties will change showing new properties that related to the selected Text and in all cases it allows changing the values (like color, layer ...etc) of the properties with in the window but after hitting Enter key and closing the window no changes will happen to the object.
It dosn't let me to select items By Picking With the "Arrow-Box" button in the dialog, it show an error message "there is no entity to select".

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back