Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AutoCad user "Trying" to learn Microstation HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb219

Civil/Environmental
Jan 16, 2007
US
I have used AutoCadd for about six years. I recently started working for a different company who uses Microstation. I have always been able to learn programs very quickly but Micro has been a living hell. Any advice on the quickest way to learn or tips to make my life easier?
Thanks,
Chad Bounds
CE Engineer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Here is what you do. Go to the FWHA Western Lands Web page and in the tech support area you will find the Knuckleheads Guide to Geopak. Lots of tutorials. Also Check the Feds, and State Agencies. If you look at it pretty much all of the DOT's use Microstation.
Good Luck,
Namdac

My advice. don't try to equate how it's done in autocad. Although the end result is the prety much the same the route taken is different. I've used both and when I was working in a company which used both I found the biggest complaint from autocad users when using microstation was "it doesn't do it the same a autocad!". parden me... but... duhhhhh! it not autocad!

Enough of a rant... Enjoy Microstation :)

thalon - good advice! consider taking a short course which can help to show you all the good commands you need. Perhaps you can get a coworker to help you over lunch a few times. And have patience, you will eventually learn it and may even like it, but it will take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back