Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AUTOCAD XREF NOT FOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOON

Civil/Environmental
Apr 6, 2001
US
I made some *.dwg drawings on my computer, but I'm sharing these files with another partner, so he has his own copy of them. We use Autocad R14. The problem is that all of them are xref files, so every time he opens a drawing, it is *empty* cause the xref can not be found. He's added in the autocad preferences under "proyect files search path" the new folder where he saved the drawings. In adittion to this he used the projectname to set up his drawings in order to make them appear in the screen, but at this point he hasn't been able to see any drawing, because autocad doesn't follow the new search path names. Could you help us, telling us what we can do to solve this problem? We dont want to change one by one the path name..it will take too long!!
I'd appreciate your help. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wow, if the operation for redirecting the files as xrefs will take you a very long time yo are handeling a very heavy drawing. I thik you shoukd try to copy all your files (xrefs) and the main drawing in the same directory(a new one) and try to open the drawing. If this do not work, then i think you will have to make a full purge to the drawing and attach again all the xrefs. Remember that the drawing will search the xrefs at the original location (path) from where it was attached. An other sugestion is that the person that is sending the files create a directory and put all the xrefs on it (making the attachments in this directory) and send the whole directoy to you. Im sure it will work.

I thik this is all i can tell you, hope it can help you.
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back