Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autodesk LDD vs. All Comers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccor

Civil/Environmental
Mar 2, 2006
We are a small civil firm currently using AutoCAD LDD for site development and small subdivisions. Autodesk's pricing strategies are becoming a significant part of our companies overhead. I'm wondering how people rate the other packages like Eaglepoint, Microstation, etc. compared to LDD. Our main concerns are the transition / required training, intuitiveness, stability, and versatility.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have been using EaglePoint for the last 5 years and like it for site design and earthwork. I don't like that it doesn't have the ability to analyze drainage systems in a pressure condition or with variable-direction flows. The project set up and associated "file scattering" is also somewhat cumbersome. That being said, it is a good program that lets you purchase various modules independently depending on what you will be doing.

I don't know anything about the pricing, but their on-site support and training staff are awesome.

Good luck!

I have been using ADCADD(3 years), SOftdesk8(4 years) and Autocad LDD(8 years). NOw i'm practicing new software 12Model coming from 12 Solutions Pty Ltd, i dont know the price but with regards to capability it's better to use it on Site delevlopment rather than using LDD. Autocad LDD mostly use on Highway design.

try to search webpage for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back