Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AutoGEM Meshing Error with Import Geometry

Status
Not open for further replies.

e.carter

Industrial
Jun 28, 2017
US
Good day to all who are reading. I am attempting to run a fairly straightforward static loading analysis in Creo Simulate on imported geometry of an engine component. When meshing this geometry, I am warned in the diagnostic window that problems were encountered in preprocessing the features for the highlighted surface. I have tried several of the import geometry healing tools to attempt to clear this error with no results. What can be done to find the issue that Creo has with this geometry, and what can be done to repair it so meshing can take place? Thank you all for your time, have a great day.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did the part solidify when importing? I suspect not since you said you are trying to heal the geometry.

Here is a link to a YouTube video on using import data doctor. There are several tips on importing which can help prevent the problem to begin with and then there are tips on fixing problems.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back