Automated Drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke

Mechanical
Sep 5, 2002
GB
Guys,

Some years back AutoCad used to supply with the installation disks, (if I remember correctly), a couple of sample files called <Shaft.*>. These files, when loaded, gave a demonstration of how to drive dimensions in Autocad from an Excel spreadsheet, and hence the drawing of a simple shaft. This is basically parametric drawing and for the last five or so years I have been doing just this but using full 3D applications such as Pro-E and SolidWorks. I now have occasion to use these techniques on some projects I am currently working on in AutoCad 2002.

I have since forgoton just how to set AutoCad up to do this and if anyone could supply any info on how to drive AutoCad drawings from a spreadsheet, (or supply a copy of the old <Shaft> applications), I would be very gratefull.

As I have implied, five years away from AutoCad has taken it's toll and although I can still use the programme productively for draughting, I have lost some of my old customising skills. (Got quite good at solid modelling though).

Any help would be welcome,

tnx,

Tyke

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back