Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

automatic decontamination

Status
Not open for further replies.

nidbe

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2012
TN
please i want to know how the automatic decontamination in the machine AMADA fo 3015 (Fanuc Series 160i-l)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

when I change the gas bottle LASAL 83The Machine make a alarm (automatic decontamination) and the machine PRAND presue 4 hours to make this step ... it loads and automatically déchanrege and calibration coefficient is changed during...

when I change the gas bottle LASAL 83The Machine make a alarm (automatic decontamination) and the machine takes 4 hours to presue this stage ... it loads and automatically déchanrege and calibration coefficient is changed during

ok, it sounds like the laser "sees" some form of contamination on gas change, and goes through a purge and burn sequence to clean the cavity.

How clean or nasty is the environment where the gas bottle is?
Could you be getting contamination into the regulator when you make the change?
(what kind of chemicals could be in the area, or in the air?
Is the new bottle nice and clean when you connect it up?

Have you asked Amada about this? Do others in your area have good success with that gas supplier?

Jay Maechtlen

Do you mean that it's going through an aging cycle (AGING flashing in the lower right of the screen), or is it only going though calibration (sequence 28)?
Maybe your calibration time is set too high; check parameter 15205 (calibration time in seconds; usually from 180 to 300 depending on resonator type).

[highlight #3465A4]thank you all for your help :) ca'm happy to find people like you ... I am from north africa ... and I'm a bit new to the field of laser cutting ....

the machine parameter 15204= 1346 and it is not stable in each reset ...[/highlight]

1346 is extremely high for param 15204. This means the measured power is way down. Make sure your laser gas specs are correct (not all Fanuc resonators use the same gas specs). Eventually try another laser gas bottle. Make sure you don't have any internal and external leaks. Make sure there are no cooling issues.
Other than that, next, it could be the power sensor that is bad, or your internal optics are due for a replacement. How many hours do you have on the internal optics?

Once the resonator is at sequence 30 (and not cutting, just sitting there), also check the voltage of each power supply. Compare to the values in the Fanuc datasheet (which should come with the resonator; if you don't have them, contact your machine supplier). If voltage is way off, your laser gas is probably bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back