Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic Voltage Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky72

Electrical
Mar 21, 2001
Hi, can someone advise me on automatic voltage controller(AVC).

I need to know where can i find this AVC.

The specification for the AVC as below: -

The shunt capacitor shall be equipped with automatic closing and opening control option. A switch shall be provided at the control panel to switch the shunt capacitor in either manual or automatic modes.The automatic mode shall be controlled by an automatic reactive power/voltage controller AVC. Remote/supervisory switch shall be provided for supervisory control from National Load Despatch Center. The regulator shall be a stand-alone unit mounted on the control panel.

The shunt capacitor shall be equipped with automatic closing and opening control options. A switch shall be provided at the control panel to switch the shunt capacitor in either manual or automatic modes. The automatic mode shall be conrolled by an automatic reactive power / voltage controller AVC etc.

The regulator shall be blocked to prevent reconnection after tripping by protective devices and in the event of voltage input to the regulator fails or loss of system voltage.

Correct operation of the AVC shall not be affected by external control operation i.e. supervisory or remote. The operation shall take into account the actual status of the circuit breaker.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hello sky72,
you have elaborated your question very well. But instead of looking for conventional AVC's, have you thought about DIGITAL AVC's. GE has EX2000, which is digital software operated AVC, with DIs, DOs, AIs and Serial communication facility...you can integrate it with your DCS / MARK V etc for alarms and trips indication ...and much more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back