Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automation For Drawings - Basic Dims & GD&T Automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach Man

Mechanical
Apr 18, 2022
US
I am looking for a way to automate applying dimension style basic to all of my basic dims at the same time. Would like to select them all, then run macro/grip/journal/whatever from the Application Shortcut Menu and have them all turn into BASIC dims... Journal/Macro simply don't work for this as they remember the items selected when the Journal/Macro is recorded/ Not sure I want to get into Grip programming but...

The other thing I would like to do is select all of my holes and again, quick pick from application menu, and paste (or type auto-magically) "<&70><+><&10><+><O>.014<+>A<+>B<+>C<+><&90>" below all of the selected dims.

Once I figure this stuff out, there's likely other similar tasks I will want to do.

These are two things that get done OVER AND OVER again on virtually every drawing and I am looking for a way to save time.

If you haven't discovered the application shortcut menus yet - YOU NEED TO. I had a variety of custom menus and switched almost exclusively to the Application Menus once I learned about them.

Happy Cadding............

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks!!!! But no DropBox for me thanks to internet security. Can you paste the code direct in message or upload direct to this site????

Sorry for the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back