Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Automotive Class A in R16

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadArtist

Automotive
Jun 15, 2006
Hi everyone,

Is there any new features or changes in Automotive Class A (ACA) in release 16? I have all the documentation installed for R16 but there is no sign of anything about ACA as in R14.
Is it true? Also there is nothing as ACA in the list of shareable products in the options>General>Shareable Products

Thanks in Advance.

Car Designer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you can find out what's been added in R16 by reading the What's New section of the online documentation.

from CATIA window, hit F1 for Help, move the cursor to the Shape Design icon and select the Automotive Class A product. There should be a WHAT'S NEW option at the top of the screen.

I'm not sure how you can find out what was added in R15, though

The problem is that there is nothing as Automotive Class A under Shape Design as in R14 but all other products are there as FreeStyle, Generative Shape Design, etc.
I can send two print screen images of both to show the deference.
What I would like to know is that if it is same for others who have documentation for release 16 installed.

Car Designer

I'm running R15 at my current client. The Automotive Class A product is in the list, but it has a red circle through it (as does the Body In White product) and a message appears stating that the product is not installed.

Hopefully someone with R16 and Auto products will respond.

I just checked another product, and the What's New section stated "no improvements in R15 to the XXXX product"

I'd suggest checking your install and make sure all the documentation was loaded.

They all have been loaded and during installation from the original CDs there is no ACA in the list whether can be choosed or ignored. In the product itself (P3 V5 R16) I have all and they are available as previous releases but no ducumentation related to ACA. Maybe they first ditched its documentation before ACA itself in probably next release R17 and Shape Design by ICEM will replace it. I hope at no extra cost at least.

jackk how is your experience with R15? Is there any problem or stability issues with SP6 installed? In comparision to R14 if you have worked with it.
Thanks

Car Designer

My current employer upgraded from R12 to R15 SP5 about 6 weeks ago. It's been very stable and I haven't experienced any problems. I've heard of a few files that wouldn't open, but I suspect bad data - not the system. I work primarily with Part Design & Assembly Design, and don't do very much surfacing.

From what I have seen the changes are minimal. The Control point modification (already in 15) is more similar to Freestyle (Icons instead of the pulldown menues) from 15 to 16 I noticed that the split command has changed (different menu and icons plus multiselection of edges) I'm just a spontaneous user (I used v4 for surfacing some years ago and there is not much similar)we have only one ACA license which I have the privilage to play with. Our company uses ICEM for all surfacing. I'm interested to see what the ICEM cooperation will bring but personally I think the user interface wont change that much.

Thanks JuhanEdag,

At last it would be Shape Design from ICEM for Catia as I heard. It would be interesting to see how experienced ICEM Surf users feel about it.
I would like to start a group for technical and class-A surfacers. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Car Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back