Auxiliary coordinate systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

9ivan24

Structural
Jan 21, 2011
US
Hello,

I have a question about using auciluary corrdinate syI am currently working on job where I get files in a state plane system and my company likes to use a plant coordinate system for our files. I was wondering if anyone could help explain to me how to use and if it would be helpful to use auxiliary coordinate systems. I am new to Microstaition coming from AutoCad and revit. stesm.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

9ivan24,
Which version of MicroStation are you using?

If you are using a newer version of MicroStation V8i you can apply a Geographic Coordinate system to your files. Here is a link to youtube on how to do that.
If you are using an older version of MicroStation V8 2004 Edition. Then yes you can setup an ACS to accomplish State Plane to Plant Coordinates.

HTH,
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

mechamb,

I am using Version 08.09.04.97 Triforma for 3d modeling and Version 08.09.04.88 V8 XM for 2d. I looked into that video and that looks like a newer version than what I am using. Can you refer me to one that would be closer to the version I am using. I am completly lost trying to figure this out.

Thanks,

Evan McLaughlin

9ivan24,
Attached is a screen shot. There is a lot going on but hopefully this will point you to the correct dialogs.

I am assuming your basemap is set to state plane. Then you can create a new ACS where the Plant Coords is defined to be 0,0.
Then you can use the keyin "set tpmode acslocate" to control the status bar readout. You can also use the Multiple Point Keyin dialog from AccuDraw to enter absolute or acs values.

HTH,
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back