Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AVAT TEM EVO OPEN ACCESS CAT MWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWM dude

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2020
GB
I am looking to gain access to the AVAT plc on the MWM/CAT TEM evo, I understand that the TEM is locked down and requires a dongle to change any parameters.

But I have heard you can plug in via the io controller to gain access to change these parameters, apparently it’s the screen that’s requires the dongle to access these!

Does anyone know where I can purchase the software and cable to gain access to my engine?

My uk dealer won’t provide me with a dongle to enable me carry out my emissions testing.

Regards

MWM Dude

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

AVAT has a website, but I think you'll find that you will still be locked out of the controller supplied with your engine.

You get a dongle after you have been to training.

MikeL

Controllers like the TEM are very powerful, but operators are not able to change nearly all the parameters from the TEM Screen or remotely via the I/O. Operators can change a very few parameters, like date & time, and can reset faults.

As Mike says, a USB dongle is required to access the TEM for commissioning etc. Thse are issued to employees of MWM and to distributors following an MWM training course. I think they are time limited, so they are not 'for life'. You have to be retrained regularly.

These are identified to each person, and their name appears on the fault log when the dongle is inserted and removed...

So dongles cannot be just given out, and in my time were not given to end users or lent out.

I'm sure other industrial engine manufacturers have similar procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back