Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avctive Filters to choose 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamidEle

Electrical
Feb 20, 2007
CA
We are in the process of selecting active filters for a 480V system. Wonder which ones have the longest history and credits.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Some with the longest history have not had the best record, partly because for a long time, there were not a lot of users. Accusine was one of the first, but had a lot of issues in the filed and now they are owned by Schneider, who may or may not have fixed the problems (I never gave them another chance).

I have been using TCI (Trans Coil Inc.) for about 8 years now, I find their products and support to be excellent. Others in my company have used Metsa and Schaffner, I hear they are OK but I have no direct experience because once I find someone to work with, I tend to stay there unless (or until) they screw up.

" We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." -- W. H. Auden

Thanks!, Jreaf,
I had similar experience with Accusine in the past. Started working with TCI. Glad to hear good feedbacks about them.

Noticed that some of the active filter will act as added impedances in the system while others do not. TCI does. Acuusine does not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back