Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AWS Certified Welding Inspector Question? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millscale2006

Industrial
Feb 4, 2015
US
I passed my CWI exam on 12/15. I took AWS D1.1 code. Wanting to know where to go from here. I been welding for 15 year at current job and want to use CWI and move into inspection. Could use some advise or info on where to go from here. Thanks! [pre][/pre]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Construction companies are hiring CWI's in all of the Gulf States. NDE Service Providers also hire CWIs. Petrochem and Power Maintenance companies are also hiring CWIs. There are plenty of work opportunities.

Try visiting the AWS homepage (AWS.ORG) and look for the menu at the top of the homepage. Services is the button to the far left. Hit it, it will include a button for Jobs. You can look there for leads from companies that are looking for CWIs.

Best regards - Al

If you have been in the same industry for 15 years, you can sometimes use that experience to narrow your search to organizations that may be familiar with your other skills. If your current employer has a need for a welding inspector, that is a great place to start.

As with being a "certified welder" there are wide ranging opinions on what a CWI should be able to do. And also similarly, there is a wide range of skills and knowledge for those that have become "certified".

I would suggest searching in the area in which you have experience (Manufacturing/Construction/Fabrication/Maint/repair/aviation ) .

The ability to search for jobs has increased with the internet, but so has the number of applicants. A search on Indeed.com may be a place to look.
Have a good day.

Gerald

Gerald Austin
Iuka, Mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back